Monday 25 August 2008

It was Killer


Glamorous.

Indie rock’n’roll is what I want

It’s in my soul, it’s what I need

Indie Rock’n’roll, it’s time

As for the Killers’ time, it was not theirs. They did not even play that fucking song. Come on.

They were non-existence, rather tired in fact. They sounded old and out dated and never really wanted to get going. You might have well put the CD on and have mimes carrying out some pathetic dance routines.

The energetic enthusiast that, supposedly, is Brandon Flowers looked stranger amongst the crowd, who once were solely smitten with him. Well in my view, they just did not perform they way I know they can. So I was left disappointed in all honesty.

Even, a desperate lifesavers track of the legendary All These Things I Have Now accumulatde some much-needed pride, even though the crowd pretty much sang the entire song.

The last time I saw them they were magic, memorizing with such a great set list and let me tell you, boy that gig will stay with me for my remaining years.

Started with Reasons Unknown left me baffled and confused, it is not a great starter, they should have got the crowd on their side to begin with.

Sam’s Town gives us a perfect platform to raise they roof, great introduction and the fans love it. Putting it in the middle of the set gave no balance.

Fans Favourite Mr Brightside was good, but not great. It was like taking the ugly bird home after a good night. You get something but, in all honesty, it should have been a lot better.

I do still believe that it was a very rare off day, but you have to perform on the big stages where it really matter.

But Hey, (Excuse the Pun) I have soul but I’m not a soldier. (Repeat until you get bored)

No comments: