Monday 25 August 2008

Festival Baby


I love festivals. I love the concept. I love the passionate, eccentric atmosphere that surrounds the whole paranormal feel of an infatuation that is, legendary known as Reading Festival.

It is all I need. It is all I want.

Many highlights, too many to run through all of them.

There was Rage Against The Machine. Enough said. Fans will know they would be amazing and they did not disappoint, at all. I am not a huge fan but watching them live made me itching to run to the local HMV just to buy an album unfortunately (but totally worth it) I had spent all my money on beer and massively over priced Burgers.

Well they call them burgers but they are the disgusting parts of a deformed cow. For this weekend it did not matter.

Rage played brilliantly and really got their loyal following memorized for years to come. That will probably be the last time you would be able to catch them buy hey, you got to out with a bang and that is what they certainly did. Killing In The Name Of was probably a huge highlight of the weekend. The crowd went mental, ridiculously mental, unnecessary mental even but it is festival and you go festival crazy.

I do not really want to have another rant about The Killers, I was gutted on missing out on Manic Street Preaches, lessons definitely learnt.

Special mention as to go to Bloc Party who put on an amazing show, there new song Mercury I thought was rubbish on the radio but live it was something else live. It was brave to open with it, but they pulled it off rapaciously. Helicopter and Flux was brilliant and I am still baffled as I have seen them twice at a festival and they still have not player I Still Remember. That has really pissed me off.

The Editors played an immense set and they were definitely one of my spectactular highlights of the weekends. Smoke Outside the Hospital Door was such a crowd pleaser. We are Scientists where a lot of fun. We shamelessly started mosh pits and pretended we were 14 going on 21. Music Festivals are simply funfairs for adults and it does not matter how you act you are literally in your little own world.

The Cribs, Last Shadow Muppets, Cajun Dance Party, Lethal Bizzle, Wombats, Vampire Weekend, Biffy Clyro, The Enemy Plain White T’s, Feeder were all very good.

Dizzee Rascal was brilliant, he got such a big crowd and everyone loved him. Even though that would feed his very big ego but it is all worth. One major highlight without a doubt.

In all it was some weekend and I am all ready for next year...............

1 comment:

KIANNA said...

Hi, I am KIANNA,
I come from Taiwan.
Nice to meet you.
I have added your msn,
You have to see it?
I think we may not be able to chat,
Because the time difference between ...
So, can only be used this way ^ ^